Wednesday, July 20, 2016

(Crickets chirping)

Hello? *taps mic*

Oh, hi! It seems I inadvertently took a two-month break from the blog. Sorry!

See, we went to my parents' and then to Japan and then back to my parents'. We were on the road for 53 of the last 55 days and traveled well over 15,000 miles. We returned from our sojourn at 11 pm last night.

During the 72 or so hours I've been home since May 25th, I've done 8 loads of laundry, mowed the lawn twice, taken Pink to the dentist, gotten eye exams for the kids, helped them pick out new glasses, cleaned up after a mouse that took residence in the garage during the 42 straight days we were away, trapped said mouse, had TWO flat tires (in two different cars) repaired, visited to the public library, bought groceries (three times), packed, unpacked, repacked (and re-unpacked), and dug my way through a pile of bills. I've also refereed approximately a bajillion sibling spats and learned that I may need to figure out how to bolt the doors because Stow has discovered a love for "escaping."

So, it's been busy, and I have stories to tell.

Once I figure out where to start, I'll be back. I promise!

No comments: