Thursday, January 3, 2013

Top Five Posts from 2012

While I'm being all reflective (no, really, that last post was reflective, I swear it was!), I thought I'd post a top five list. I could do ten, but I'm lazy. Plus, it'd require more self-reflection, and I think we've had enough of that already! You know what? Okay, let's compromise. I'll do seven.

(Click on the blog titles to link to the posts--for some reason, the hyperlinks aren't always visible).

1. The Family Portrait

Turns out I'm not alone in my repeated failures to get a decent family picture. Is it too much to ask to have everyone properly groomed and looking in the same direction for a split second? Apparently, yes.

2. Why I'm a Bad Mom (The Japanese Version)

I know why I'm a bad mom, but I had no idea so many other people cared to know why, too. Maybe this is related to the fact that any title that can be picked up by a Google search for "Japanese Housewife" gets a lot of hits. My most popular post of all time? My Secret Life as a Japanese Housewife. (Click the title to link to it). You'd be amazed how many people have their minds in the gutter on this one.

3. Phalluses and Other Inappropriate Symbolism

Kids say crazy things, but my kids are crazier. I'm sure of it. This collection of their pithy statements over the years seemed to strike a chord with readers. That, or they just really hoped to read more about phalluses. In which case, ewww.

4. Hand, Foot, Mouth, Elbow, Tummy, Butt Disease

Stow started our summer vacation right by turning into one of the creatures from the Alien movies. It's encouraging to know that everyone else is as surprised by the migration of the goo as I was (though discouraging to know that HFM never seems to have an off season). This post has ranked consistently high every month since I posted it.

5. The Less Glamorous Side of our So-Called International Life, Part 1

I know it seems all cool that we get to travel with small children. But here's a dose of reality. Part 2 (link) of the same post was also very popular.

6. Dear Asinine Airline

Sometimes I like to rant about bad service, and apparently I'm not the only one who has issues with the airline industry.

7. WTF Vermont Curry?

Turns out when your hypochondriac of a four-year old says her chest hurts, you should believe her. Who knew? This one's part rant, part PSA.


Seriously, though, thanks for reading. I really do appreciate it!


No comments: