Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

I've learned over the years that the key to creating effective new year's resolutions is to dream big and aim low. With that in mind, I came up with the following list of goals for 2013:

1. No one in my family will have back surgery.

2. I will win my battles with Comcast, the insurance company, and any repairmen I might encounter over the next year.

3. My regular cooking cycle will expand beyond fried rice, omu rice,* miso soup, Japanese curry, and various types of spaghetti.

4. We will go gluten free.

5. I will consistently remember where I put my wallet, and Ren will remember where he put his glasses.

6. We will take a family vacation because no one will have surgery or be hospitalized or get seriously ill repeatedly. I mean, honestly, when your preschooler declares a picnic by the river "the best vacation ever" and believes she can see "the whole wide world" from the top of a very mediocre hill, you know it's time to pack everyone up and get a move on.

7. I will successfully convince Pink P she's too young to have a boyfriend.

8. I might drink less Diet Coke....Then again, maybe I won't.

9. My children will learn to sleep later than 6 a.m., even (especially!) during Day Light Savings time.

10. I'll keep blogging, even if it doesn't make me rich. Or famous.




* Omu is short for omelette and omu rice is tomato-based chicken fried rice inside an egg like an omelette. Click here for link to a picture.

2 comments:

Mama Melch said...

Very doable, yet ambitious. Hopefully all backs, memories, and children cooperate on your mission to health.

Mom on the Edge said...

Yes, cooperation is key. :)