Monday, April 15, 2013

I'm Pretty Sure That's Not What They Meant

Sky loves the kids' bulletins from church. They keep him busy and help him process the sermon. But this past Sunday, I think maybe he missed the point.

I could be wrong, though. You be the judge:


Kind of makes you want to be Presbyterian, doesn't it? I mean, look at all the fun we have at church.

I double-checked with Sky about the name of Mrs. Mryc. She is a Mrs. and it is spelled Myrc. I was sure she was a he, what with the cowlick (Sky usually reserves the cowlick for self portraits), the pants and her lack of cleavage--not at all like her BFF (her cousin? her lover?) Ms. Jorji, who has very accurately-depicted breasts. Have any of you ever seen such attention to detail? Not many 8 year-olds remember to properly accentuate the cleavage. I don't know whether to be proud or disturbed. And, really, it's a wonder the kids and I don't get in trouble for talking during church. Sometimes these things take a lot of explanation.

*****

There's a lot more to say about this picture, but I think I will stop and just let Jack, asome kid, cool dude, and flying baby speak for themselves. Oh, and I know I should quit letting my kids write my blog for me. I keep resolving to do that, and then they come up with gems like this one. Can you blame me?

If you'd like to enjoy more of Sky's often inappropriate artwork, follow the label "Illustration by Sky."

3 comments:

Sarah said...

hahaha. This is hilarious. I feel like maybe there's a commentary on how cute clothes and cleavage disappear as we get married and age?

Also, flying baby. Awesomeness.

(Just found your blog through your comment at The Bloggess's blog.)

Anonymous said...

Love the flying baby!

Mom on the Edge said...

I'm a little worried that Mrs. Mryc is based on me...