Sunday, December 30, 2012

What's Your Super Power?

Ren thinks Sky should guest post with an illustrated story from time to time. I think we all can agree the blog suffers from my complete lack of artistic talents, so I ran the idea past Sky. Once he grasped the concept of creating something to entertain complete strangers, he jumped right in.

"What kind of story should I write?" he asked.

"How about one of your robot, super-hero stories?" I suggested. "You could be the hero."

"What, like a super hero with a special brain like mine?"

"Yeah, 'cause you can hear and see things I can't. Like how you can hear the TV hum from two rooms away when I forget to hit the power switch."

"And I can solve mazes just by looking at them."

"Right, but just like other super heroes your powers come with some weaknesses. You know, like Superman can't be around kryptonite. So wouldn't it be cool if you could write a story about that? About how to save the world with your strengths and your weaknesses?"

"What would my power be?" Pink P wanted in on this action.

"I know! She can sense smoke and dust since she has asthma, so she can have super-duper smelling powers and sniff out bombs," Sky offered.

"Yeah, and I can ball up like a rock, so I can hide and trip bad guys," she added.

"Good idea! And Stow can just paralyze people with his super cuteness!"

"Yeah, because everyone stops to stare at him."

*****

Before bed, Sky showed me the first page of the story. I don't want to give too much away, but it started with, "Somewhere in Ohio..." which is awesome, particularly because we don't live in Ohio. Now I don't know if this story will ever get written, but it might be the coolest comic ever. And you should have seen the look on the waitress's face tonight when Pink tried to explain her super powers at dinner. That alone was worth the idea.



(Just ignore the recycled paper)

1 comment:

FMBMC said...

Tell Sky I can't wait to read his adventures!